“Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
It is wonderful for children to see that one is not too young to follow Jesus and to serve Him! As a Junior and Teen helper you will offer friendship to the children and support the teaching team.
• Arrive in your classroom 20 minutes before class begins.
• Sign your name on the sign-in sheet on the upper part of the sign-in sheet located on the check in table.
• Wear your nametag every time you are in the classroom.
• Learn the teachers and your children’s names. Pray for them weekly.
• Give your full attention to the children; fellowship with other volunteers can take place before or after class.
• Assist the teachers in any way possible.
o Ask the teachers what you can do to help; cleaning up after the children, serving snack, putting away activity center items, are just a few things you can do!
o Sit with the children to help with crowd control especially during prayer, worship and Bible story time.
Guidelines for serving in the classroom:
• Do not carry any children if you are less than 13 years of age. Work with them at the tables or on the floor.
• Do not take children to the bathroom by yourself, unless you have been preapproved by Allison.
• You cannot be the second person in the classroom; there always must be 2 adults at all times in the room (unless Allison has told a teen helper otherwise)
• Let the teacher and Allison know when you will not be in class.
• We like to have only one Junior Helper in a classroom at a time.
• Please no visitors while you are serving in the classroom.
• If you believe there is enough help, please do not leave the classroom. Check with the coordinator to see if you may be needed elsewhere.
• Please Read the following policies from the “Team Member Handbook”:
o Volunteer Requirements and Commitment; Child Safety Policy; Bathroom Policy; Holidays; Evacuation Map